Thursday, August 4

Day #216 and Recall

When I first heard about the salmonella outbreak linked to ground turkey, I freaked out!  I decided that I would just brown all my ground turkey from now on and make sure it was cooked through.  Then today when Cargill announced their recall, I had a sigh of relief.  My ground turkey is not in the recall. YEAH!  So tonight we are having ground turkey!

Oldie But Goodie Recipe #2  Enchilada Casserole:
(C.S.)
(A.F.R. 5.0)


2 lbs. Ground Meat, hamburger or turkey
1 Can Enchilada Sauce
1 Can Chicken Gumbo Soup
2 C. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Bag Tortilla Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown meat in skillet, drain.  Heat enchilada sauce and soup in sauce pan until comes to a boil, remove from heat.  In a 9"x13" pan, layer half the bag of chips, meat, sauce, and cheese.  Repeat.  Bake until bubbly!  

Serve with chips, re-fried beans, and Spanish rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment