Sunday, January 30

Day #30 and Withdrawl

So I am having withdrawl, from cooking, baking, etc.  It's something I do everyday, something I like doing everyday.  Cooking with the electric skillet just isn't the same.  Today I asked the best neighbor in the world to borrow her oven.  I missed using the mixer, playing with my measuring cups, and the smell of baking!   Kinda sad...

But I made this awesome banana bread...yes I have made banana bread before, but not this recipe.  It's really easy and smells so yummy.  I won't be able to eat it, allergic to bananas, but I had fun making it!


NEW RECIPE  #11 Flour's Famous Banana Bread:
(Food Network)
(Average Family Rating 5)

1 2/3 C. Flour
1 ts. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. plus 2 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Oil
3 1/2 Bananas, mashed
2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2/3 C. Walnuts or Pecans, chopped

Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment