Thursday, July 14

Day #195 and Pasta

Pasta and I are long time friends.  Simple, easy, and you can add just about anything to it.  While at the eye dr. office I saw the new Family Circle magazine.  It's not one I normally buy, but something to pass the time while we waited.  There are several recipes I wanted to try.  So we made this one night before last:

(FYI:  I did not take the magazine from the dr.'s office.  I bought my own!)


NEW RECIPE # ? Lemony Herb Pasta:
(Family Circle Aug 2011)
(Average Family Rating 4.5)

1 Container Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/3 C. Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1 lb. Penne Pasta
1 lb. Asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1" pieces
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl large enough to add cooked pasta.  Cook pasta as directed on package, adding asparagus to pasta during the last few minutes of cooking.  Drain.  Add to ricotta mixture and combine.

Now for my variation:

Instead of Asparagus:  1 Can of Spinach and 1 Can of Artichoke Hearts, both drained well and added to ricotta mixture

Instead of Penne Pasta:  Egg Noodles

Followed recipe, but then put in individual buttered gratin dishes topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake until bubbly!

Quick and Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment