Wednesday, July 20

Day #201 and Another Hot One

It's hot.  If you live somewhere other than the middle of the United States, may I come visit?  I would prefer Alaska, if possible.  This has been the most miserable summer I can recall.  Although I hear 1980 was, and I quote, A HOT SOB.  I was only 3 years old at the time and probably a little more tolerable of the heat.  It's really even too hot to go swimming. 

So what is one to do when the heat is on? Oh no, that awful song just popped into my head.  Great!  I'm not really cooking much these days or really anything else for that matter.  I did find a cool desk on Craigslist for way cheap so now I have a place to sew, one of the things I have missed since our move. I still have pictures and curtain rods to hang, and a few other little things around the house.  Yesterday we took the kids to Border's book store to use their gift cards and free book coupons before they start liquidating everything.  I've never really been a Border's fan.  They never have the book I am looking for or anyone around to help you.  But we got $91 worth of books for $15 and that was worth the trip.   

Over the weekend, Hubby and I help our friends buy trees for their new house.  Nine trees to be exact.  While at the nursery, I saw these super cute fairy gardens. Since everything was 50% off, I decided to purchase a few plants and start my own mini garden.  I bought a bonsai tree, a dwarf shrub, and two succulents.  I haven't decided what to do just yet.  I have a planter with a mostly-dead fern that I think I will use.  I need mini furniture for the garden.  I think I will keep my eye out for doll furniture at the thrift stores instead of buying the pricey mini furniture from the nursery. 

So stay cool my friends and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment