Thursday, July 21

Day #202 and a"Real" Meal

Last night I made dinner and dessert.  It's a first since we moved into this house. I've been too busy organizing and cleaning to think about a meal plan.  Oh and did I mention it's been HOT?  Steak is one of my favs, but due to budget we hardly ever have steak.  While at Sam's, I noticed that if you bought the rib eye roast instead of steaks you saved almost $1 a pound.  Bonus!

At Border's I bought a new cookbook, Sandra Lee's 20 Minute Meals, only $4.99!  I cannot stand to watch the woman on TV, but she does have some pretty good recipes.  One of which was tiramisu.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE tiramisu!  And what do you know I had all the ingredients!  Such a simple recipe!

NEW RECIPE #?  Tiramisu
(S.L. 20 Minute Meals #2)
(A.F.R. 4.0)

1 tsp. Instant Espresso Powder
1/3 C. Water, warm
1/3 C. Orange Liquor
1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 pkg. Lady Fingers
1 3/4 C. Milk
1 tsp. Orange Extract
Cocoa Powder, dusting

Mix espresso powder and water until dissolved.   Add liquor and dip lady fingers in mixture.  Line an 8"x8" pan with lady fingers.  Whisk together pudding mix, milk, and orange extract for 2 minutes, pour over lady fingers.  Let sit for 5 minutes, dust with cocoa powder.

My variation:
I did not use liquor.

Oh and be sure to check out my Recipe Box page.  I will keep updating it this week til all the recipes are listed!  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment