Tuesday, July 5

Day #186 and Summer Sickness

I had so much planned for today...laundry, cleaning hardwood floors, and hanging up more pictures, etc.  BUT I 'm in bed instead.  I feel weak and all around yucky, sure being in the heat all day yesterday didn't help!  I know it will all be there for me to do tomorrow, but I am just not a good sick person.  So maybe I will try to get something done this afternoon? 

I was going to make Sweet Corn Ice Cream this past weekend, but somehow I never found the time.  Maybe tomorrow...  I did manage to make this awesome Pulled Pork yesterday.  Super easy and way yummy!

NEW RECIPE #? Pulled Pork:
(CMW 2011)
(Average Family Rating 4.5)

Pork Blade Roast (10-12 lbs.)
For the Rub:
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Paprika
1/4 C. Minced Onion
2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
Whiskey (I used Crown Royale)

For the Cooking Liquid:
1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Worchestire Sauce
1/8 C. Liquid Smoke
1/8 C. Soy Sauce

Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place pork roast in deep roasting pan, fat side up. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl for rub.  Add just enough whiskey to wet the mixture.  Rub all over meat.  Combine ingredients for cooking liquid and pour in bottom of roasting pan.  Cover with lid and cook for 8-10 hours.  Remove bones and shred using two forks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment