Wednesday, March 9

Day #68 and Seeing Double


Double yolk!
This was the first double yolk I have ever seen.  Pretty cool.  It made an awesome omelet!  Although I learned it's not best to make an omelet on the griddle, oops. 

The cookies I made yesterday, Chewy Chocolate-Chunk Cherry Cookiesdid make be feel better.  The kids loved them too.  My middle son brought home a "recipe" book from the library.  He is so cute.  He wants to make Lemon Bars for his class.  I did find a few recipes to try also.

NEW RECIPE #20 Chicken Dijon with Noodles:
(Taste of Home, 2008)
(Average Family Rating 4.0)

2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 C.  Apple Juice or Milk
1 Tbsp. Parsley
Cooked Wide Egg Noodles

Melt butter in a saute pan.  Add chicken and cook until golden brown.  Remove from skillet, add soup, apple juice, dijon mustard, and parsley.  Heat until bubbly.  Add chicken back to saute pan.  Cover for 15 minutes.  Serve over cooked noodles.

Tips:
1.  I used Cream of Chicken soup instead of Cream of Mushroom.
2.  Be sure to dry raw chicken before adding to pan to help sear.

No comments:

Post a Comment