Thursday, March 10

Day #69 and Do Overs

I made the Granola again and it turned out fabulous!  I love it!  Think I will add more coconut and maybe pecans next time, which will be today as I am almost out!  The Dijon Chicken was liked by all but my daughter.  Go figure!  We have reached the defiant stage of being a teen...Lord HELP me! 



GRANOLA

As I walked out of my bedroom this morning, my middle son was sitting on the floor pouting.  All because he thought it was Friday and we forgot to make the Lemon Bars for his class.  His face lit up and mood instantly changed when he realized today is Thursday!  So "we" will be making Lemon Bars tonight! 

NEW RECIPE #21  Lemon Bars:
(Taste of Home, 2008)
(CLASS RATING, Thumbs UP!)

Crust:
2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine flour and sugar in bowl.  Cut butter in with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.  Press lightly into an ungreased 9"x13" baking pan.   Bake for 20 minutes.

Filling:
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 Eggs
2/3 C. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
4 Drops Yellow Food Coloring, optional
1 Tbsp. Grated Lemon Peel
Powdered Sugar

Beat milk and eggs until fluffy.  Beat in lemon juice, flour, baking powder, salt, and food coloring until blended.  Fold in lemon peel.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.  Cool in pan on wire rack.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  Cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment