Wednesday, March 16

Day #75 and My Favorite Cookies


My favorite cookbook is the very first one I ever owned, 32 Fabulous Cookies by Marie Bianco.   I bought it at my first grade book fair.
    

It's even stamped on the inside cover by the librarian!  I was an angel when I was little!



 I've made countless recipes out of this lovely book, but my favorite would have to be recipe 21 Genemary's Chocolate Crack-ups.  This page is covered in residue of sticky fingers and memories of baking these delicious cookies with my Granny.

So today, stuck at home again with TWO sick boys, I decided to make these cookies once again.  Although it's not a new recipe, it's one I wanted to share with all of you! ENJOY!


RECIPE #21 Genemary's Chocolate Crack-ups
(32 Fabulous Cookies, Marie Bianco)
(Average Family Rating 5)

1/2 C. Butter
6 Tbsp. Cocoa
1 2/3 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 C. Walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Powdered Sugar

Melt butter and stir in cocoa; blend well, then cool.  Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla, beat until smooth.

In separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.  Add to cocoa mixture and add walnuts, mix until combined.   Chill for at least 3 hours. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Shape one tsp. of dough into a ball, repeat with remaining dough.  Roll balls in powdered sugar, then place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment