Tuesday, March 29

Day #88 and Spring Cold

Yes that's right folks, I have a cold.  Runny nose, sneezing, and a headache.  Did I mention I'm a tiny bit crabby?  Though you might get a different answer if you ask Hubby or the kiddies.   Why is it when I have a MILLION things to do, I get a cold?  Me and my tissues spent most of the day on the couch watching Army Wives on Netflix.  I watched the latest episode last night online, so sad. 

And to add to my misery, my wireless mouse battery is dead.

Should have just stayed in bed.

But I wanted to share another recipe from my new cookbook:

NEW RECIPE # 24  Homemade Instant Oatmeal:
(The Frugal Foodie Cookbook:  Waste-Not Recipes for the Wise Cook)
(Average Family Rating)

2 1/2 C. Instant Oats
5 tsp. Brown Sugar
1 C. Raisins or Any Dried Fruit
3 Tbsp. Dry Milk Powder

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and portion into 5 Ziploc bags. 

To serve
3/4 C. Water, hot

Mix 1 serving with water and let stand for 3-4 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment