Wednesday, January 12

Day #12 and the bitter cold!

Still freezing here!  Even moved my electric stove closer to my computer desk just to keep warm!  They didn't cancel school today, but I didn't send my little guys.  They aren't sick and I would like to keep it that way!  The older two did go only because of the basketball tournament and my hubby was off to take them.  There is no way I am getting out in the frigid weather!   

Last night I made this soup, which I have made before, but I tweaked it a little.  It was so yummy and the first thing I could really taste in a week!  I will add a new recipe later on today, but thought this was worth sharing!

V8 Soup:
(from J.F.)

46 oz. V8 Juice
2 Beef or Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 Cabbage, shredded
1 C. Beef Broth
1 Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice

Optional:
Smoked Sausage and Chorizo

Brown Chorizo, I used beef, in dutch oven. Add onion and cook til soft. Add smoked sausage, garlic, and cabbage. Let cook down for 2-3 minutes. Add beef broth, salt, sugar, lemon juice. Combine. Then add V8. Bring to boil, simmer 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment