If you had visited my blog prior to yesterday you might have noticed that I changed it a bit. New background, colors...just something a bit fresher. That is kinda my vision for my kitchen. Yesterday was another day of delays, new problems, and naps. After removing the bottom cabinet doors, we discovered how gross the space between the cabinet and the dishwasher had become. So in order to clean the floor, Hubby pulled out the non-working dishwasher. The drain hose was melted to the back of the dishwasher along with the flex line. Nice, huh? This brand of dishwasher was recalled about a year ago for this very problem, overheating. Hubby called to find out if ours was on the listed, no not our model. Think they might need to add it to the list now! After three hours of what I thought would have taken ten minutes, I laid down on the couch to watch a movie. Yes and I fell asleep. So, no cooking yesterday.
Today I think my family deserves a warm home cooked meal. They haven't complained about frozen burritos, leftover take-out, or sandwiches all last week. They were in heaven when our good friends invited us over Saturday night for spaghetti dinner and a night of Rockband 3. Thank you Fraizer's!
I have a friend who also recently started a blog about food, Feeding the Heart without Breaking the Bank. She has some awesome recipes, check it out! I am going to make one of her recipes tonight.
NEW RECIPE # 10 Easy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes:
(F.H.B.B Jan. 2011)
(Average Family Rating)
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen)
1 can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1/3 C. Milk
2 C. Fresh Broccoli Flowerets, chopped or frozen broccoli
4 C. Hot Mashed Potatoes
1. Place chicken breasts in large skillet with 4 cups water. Cook on high until no longer pink. Drain water and chop chicken into large chunks.
2. Heat oil in skillet over Medium heat. Add chunked chicken back to skillet and cook until browned.
3. Add soup, milk and broccoli. Stir to coat. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.
4. While simmering, cook mashed potatoes. I whipped up a batch of instant potatoes in 2 minutes.
5. Serve Cheesy Chicken over Mashed Potatoes.