Tuesday, January 4

Day #4 and the chaos has begun...again!

The kids went back to school today which meant I got to go to the grocery store alone!  I don't really enjoy grocery shopping and I definitely do not enjoy going with anyone!  Five stores and four hours later, I was finally home.  It's so nice and peaceful in my house with no one but me.  Oh and the dog... Our three year old Boxer is a mess, she does not like being left home alone or being shooed out of the kitchen as I put away groceries.  She is a bit needy and apparently now lonely.  As I type this, she is asleep in the sun behind the couch! 

We have something going on every night this week....
Tonight the little guys, my two nine year olds, have basketball practice. And no they are not twins and I don't know why I call them little because they are anything but!  My oldest nine year old will be 10 tomorrow.  He informed me this morning he did not want to be 10.  What do you say to that?  Okay, well it's going to happen regardless?  He didn't like that answer, but I didn't have anything witty to say at 6:45 this morning while I was trying to comb his wild hair!

Back to the grocery store...as I was leaving the last store I grabbed a couple of my usual monthly magazines,  Martha Stewart Living and Midwest Living.  Yes I should have purchased them at Sam's while I was there this morning, I had only one thing on my mind...meat!  Anyway, after all the groceries have been put away I sat down to read (aka flip through) these magazines and came up with today's new recipe...

New Recipe #5  Anytime Oatmeal Cookies:
(Average Family Rating 3.8)
(Martha Stewart Living Jan. 2011)

1 C. Flour
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature
2/3 C. Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 C. Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C. Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 C. Raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a bowl. Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture. Mix in oats, then raisins.

Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop (or 1 tablespoon), drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each scoop about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment