Friday, January 14

Day #14 and making soda

On our way to see my parents over Thanksgiving break we stopped halfway to hang out with my sister and her family.  Let's just say it was an adventure....anyway she had this cool machine that makes soda!  I was intrigued.  She made root beer and the kids loved it!  So I bought one today.  It's called a SodaStream Soda Maker.

SodaStream 1017512014 Genesis Home Soda Maker Starter Kit

My oldest son is home sick today so he was excited to help me put it together.  First of all the instructions come in a million different languages.  There is picture instructions on the inside cover of the manual, but the written English instructions were on page 22.  Slightly frustrating.  We finally got the bottle screwed on and pushed the button TOO many times, OOPS!   Live and learn.  It came with a sampler of 12 different soda flavors.  We made diet cola.  Not too bad, but needed to be cold!

Be warned this was not cheap, but I used my 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  And you can get a new CO container for 14.99 when you bring in an empty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment