Monday, February 7

Day #38 and Way Beyond Frustrated....

Going on Day #6 that my new range has been sitting in a warehouse in Indiana.   Starting to get angry.  I will never ever ever order another appliance online again.   It wouldn't be such an issue if I had a working range!  Hubby tried to fix the connection again yesterday and now the thing won't even come on!  I wanted to cry. 

CORRECTION:  Just got off the phone with the shipping company, they don't have my range.  The company I ordered it from still has not delivered it to them.  According to the company, the range didn't ship until last Friday and the shipping company has not unloaded all the trucks from the weekend. The salesman told me it shipped last Tuesday.  UGH! Tired of getting the run around!

Hubby then tried to cheer me up by asking what the first thing I would make when the new range arrived.  My first thought was a cake.  Since the kids were little I have always made dessert of some kind if not every day then every other day.  Now they expect it.  Even our friends kids ask, "Why do they have dessert every night and we don't?"  Ooops, sorry...it's just something I love to make (and eat).  My favorite cake ever is a Strawberry Jello Poke Cake.  I have been in love with Jello and strawberries for as long as I can remember. 
My mom made this cake for my birthday almost every year! 

Strawberry Jello Poke Cake Recipe:
(from the back of my Mom's cookbook)
(Average Family Rating)

1 White Box Cake Mix
1 Small Box of Strawberry Jello
4 Eggs
1/3 C. Vegetable Oil
2 C. Water (1 C. for Cake, 1 C. for Jello)
1 Container of Cool Whip

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make cake according to pkg. directions, bake in a 9"x13" for 35-40 minutes.  Let cool on rack for 15 minutes.   Poke holes in cake using a fork.
Dissolve the Jello in 1 C. of boiling water. Pour Jello slowly over the surface of the cake, it will soak into the cake.  Chill for 4 hours in refrigerator.
Spread whipped topping on top of cake before serving. Refrigerate leftover cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment