Saturday, February 12

Day #43 and Snobby...

My Hubby wasn't pleased about my "awesome" deals.  His thoughts were we already have these things.  Yes, but I wanted better things...I have to admit I am a snob when it comes to items for my kitchen.  I have learned over the years that pots, pans, utensils, etc. are an investment.  My first Le Creuset dutch oven was a gift from Hubby, the only gift I received for Christmas that year.  The second and third were on clearance at Williams-Sonoma and I couldn't leave the store without them.  I have tried to explain to Hubby in "man" terms about how important it is to have the right tools in the kitchen.  All he sees is dollar signs.  MEN! 

Although he didn't fight me much last night while at World Market for another awesome deal!  I can mark another item off the kitchen remodel list!  I found a dining room table!  YEAH!  On clearance, of course!  Hubby's going to pick it up today and I am going to list our current table on craigslist! 

I thought I would get a chance to cook today, but that will have to wait until tonight.  Haircut for middle son, shopping with daughter for Valentine's Dance outfit, and grocery shopping.  Yes I have been trying to grocery shop for two days now, but just can't force myself to do it.  But now I have no choice, we are out of milk and cereal. 

1 comment:

  1. Snobby is good. I'm lacking all necessary tools in the kitchen I've decided! So tell me what kind of skillets, saute pans, etc you would recommend? I have a number of pieces from the Calphalon line...some have held up some havent. Torn between stainless steel (always sticks), hard anodized (all of which i have ruined by being lazy and putting them in the dishwasher), cast iron (though I have a glass top oven so no can do) or a mix of the above. Your recommendations? What is your "staple" list of all cookware I NEED in my kitchen?

    ReplyDelete