Monday, February 28

Day #59 and a Bomb Went Off...

A bomb, tornado, something...in my basement!  I leave for five days and the basement is trashed.  And not just one room!  The computer area, the bar, the laundry room, and as usual, the boys room!  The latter I totally expected because they don't clean, ever.  I don't venture down to the basement often, usually just to do laundry.  The kids watch TV down there, play on the computer, etc.  But today I had to do laundry.  Uh let's just say the door to laundry room opened just enough for me to squeeze in.  Nice.  They had attempted to do laundry while I was away with clean clothes on top of the washer/dryer and hanging everywhere, I was furious!  So today and probably tomorrow I will be in the laundry room, ugh.

I threw out the granola I made yesterday.  Some of the fruit was burnt and it just tasted funny.  I will attempt to make it again this afternoon.  I bought some bread at Target,  Apple Fritter.  The boys loved it!  Today I am going to attempt to make my own.  Hopefully it turns out better than the granola!

White Bread:
(HMSJ)

1/4 C. Butter, melted
2 C. Water
1 Egg
2 tsp. Salt
4 1/2 tsp. Yeast
6 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar

Place all the wet ingredients in mixer.  Sift all dry ingredients.  Add dry to wet and kneed for 5 minutes.  Place in greased bowl and rise for an hour.  Divide dough in half.  Shape loaves and let rise additional hour.  Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes until golden brown.

Baking in the oven.

New Recipe #17 Apple Fritter Bread:
(CMW, 2011)
(Average Family Rating 4.3)

White Bread Recipe
1 Can of Apple Pie Filling
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 C. Butter, melted
Raw Sugar

Make bread recipe as follows.  After the first rise, roll out into 8"x 20" rectangle on a lightly floured surface.  Mix pie filling and cinnamon together.  Dice any large pieces of apple into smaller pieces.  Spread the mixture onto the dough and roll.  Place the loaves in the loaf pans to rise for another hour.  Coat loaves with butter and sprinkle liberally with raw sugar.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. until golden brown. 


Let cool on a baking rack for 15 minutes.

A few tips:
1. When rolling dough after adding pie filling mixture fold sides in so the mixture doesn't ooze out!
2. Try not to let rise too much because it keeps rising in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment